Grouse Season Opens September 15 In Northwest Ontario
Grouse hunting season opens across most of northwestern Ontario on September 15.
Ruffed grouse, spruce grouse and sharp-tailed grouse are the most common upland game birds in the northwest.
- The daily limit for ruffed grouse and spruce grouse is a combined total of five. The possession limit is a combined total of 15.
- The daily limit for sharp-tailed grouse and ptarmigan is five each. The possession limit is 15 each.
- These limits apply to both resident and non-resident hunters.
- Hunters are reminded to carry a valid hunting licence while hunting.
Populations of these small game birds fluctuate from year to year. The warm spring this year provided good conditions for grouse.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- Consult the 2010 Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary.