Recognizing Outstanding Ontario Parks Summer Students
McGuinty Government Supports Jobs And Economy Of The Future
Forty students have received educational bursaries for their outstanding performance as Ontario Parks summer employees.
The Ontario Parks Partners Bursary Awards recognize excellence and leadership in student employees and promote post-secondary education. The program helps young Ontarians get the experience and the skills they need to succeed and better prepares them for the jobs of tomorrow.
Investing in student success is part of the McGuinty government's plan to grow the economy of the future by creating good jobs for families in the face of global economic uncertainty.
- A partnership between Ontario Parks, corporate sponsors and park supporters, the bursary program is now in its 12th year.
- Winners are nominated by park visitors, peers and supervisors for their dedication, customer service, initiative and leadership.
- More than 1,800 students work in Ontario Parks each summer.
- Recipients work for Ontario Parks, the Ontario Ranger program, "friends of the park" organizations or other park volunteer groups.
- Ontarians and tourists from around the world make nearly 10 million visits to Ontario's provincial parks each year.
“I'm very happy to see that so many young students are being rewarded for their innovation and leadership for the work they've done as Ontario Parks' summer students. I'd also like to thank our many partners for their generous support of this program.”