New Ways For Hunters To Enter Big Game Draws
McGuinty Government Making It Easier To Enjoy Great Outdoors
Ontario is making it easier for hunters to enter big game draws for moose, deer and elk.
For the first time, hunters can now enter the draws online. Draws can also be entered over the phone or by filling out and submitting a paper application at one of 69 select ServiceOntario centres across the province. Mail-in paper applications for big-game draws are no longer available.
Hunters who want to purchase their moose and deer licences at the same time they enter draws can do so in a single transaction online or by telephone.
These improvements are part of the McGuinty government's plan to make it easier for Ontarians to access government services, when and where they need them.
- Applicants will be able to phone or go online after draw results are finalized to find out if they were successful.
- Anglers and hunters also have more ways to apply for their licences - online, over the phone, at outside licence issuers or at ServiceOntario centres.
- On average, Ontario issues approximately 580,000 hunting licences each year.
- Each year, the sale of hunting and fishing licences adds $60 million to the economy.
- The antlerless deer draw opens March 1.
- Go to ontario.ca/outdoorscard to buy your licence, find a ServiceOntario centre that sells hunting and fishing licences or to enter the antlerless deer tag draw that opens on March 1.
- Read more about buying an Outdoors Card or licence (PDF).
- Get information about hunting in Ontario.
- Read the Ontario Hunting Regulations Summary.
“Ontario's vast landscape provides great opportunities to get out and enjoy the many activities we have to offer. By adding an online option for entering draws, we're making it easier for hunters to get out and enjoy Ontario's outdoors.”