Top Ten Things to Know When Camping This Summer
Summer is a great time to camp in Ontario provincial parks. Whether you're a new or experienced camper, here are tips to help make the experience more enjoyable and safe.
- Use the Park Locator to find the park that is ideal for you.
- Make a camping list and check it twice. This will help you better plan your trip.
- Check the camp rules so you know what’s expected before arriving at the park.
- Store your food to keep bears, bees and other wildlife from getting too close for comfort.
- Learn how and where to build a campfire, and how to properly extinguish it. We want to keep our parks safe for years to come.
- Find out about the many ways you can minimize your garbage and help keep our parks clean.
- If you’re a pet lover, find great ways to make the experience more enjoyable for you, your pet and your neighbouring campers.
- Pack and store your camping gear carefully to make sure it’s ready to use next summer.
- Get tasty recipes that are easy to cook on the barbecue, camp stove or over a campfire.
- Try out new games and activities and look for our park events.
Get more camping tips through Learn To Camp @ Ontario Parks.