Interest Rates Announced for Ontario Savings Bonds
Ontario Government Providing Solid Investment Options, Helping Build Prosperous Society
Ontario announced competitive interest rates for the 2013 issue of Ontario Savings Bonds (OSBs), which are on sale today until June 21, 2013.
The interest rates for the 2013 OSBs series are:
The five-year Step-Up Bond interest rates are:
- 1.15 per cent this year
- 1.40 per cent in the second year
- 1.65 per cent in the third year
- 1.90 per cent in the fourth year
- 2.15 per cent in the final year
- 1.35 per cent for the three-year Fixed-Rate Bond
- 2.85 per cent for the 10-year Fixed-Rate Bond
The interest rate on the Variable-Rate Bonds is effective from June 21, 2013 to June 20, 2014 for series 2010 to 2013. The interest rate on Variable-Rate Bonds for the 2007 to 2009 series was also reset today at 1.20 per cent and is effective from June 21, 2013 to December 20, 2013.
Providing people with the opportunity to invest in the province is part of the new Ontario government's plan to grow a strong economy and build a fair society for all.
- Both principal and interest are backed 100 per cent by the province of Ontario.
- Ontario Savings Bonds are available in amounts ranging from $100 up to $1 million.
- Only Ontario residents can purchase OSBs through banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires and investment dealers.
“Ontario Savings Bonds provide the people of this province with the opportunity to invest their money at home and help contribute to a prosperous and fair Ontario.”