Buy Ontario Savings Bonds Until June 21
Safe, Flexible Investments That Build Ontario
Ontario Savings Bonds (OSBs) are now on sale until June 21, 2017 -- a safe, secure, flexible investment fully backed by the province.
Ontario Savings Bonds help people across the province invest in their communities. Funds raised support infrastructure projects such as new hospitals, schools, roads and bridges.
Available to everyone in Ontario, OSBs can be purchased in amounts starting from $100 up to $1 million. They offer the flexibility of annual or compound interest, with three, five, and 10-year terms, in fixed, step-up or variable rates.
The interest rates for the 2017 series are:
- Five-year Step-Up Bond:
- 0.60 per cent this year
- 0.80 per cent in the second year
- 1.05 per cent in the third year
- 1.30 per cent in the fourth year
- 1.65 per cent in the fifth year
- Fixed-Rate Bonds:
- 1.00 per cent for the three-year Fixed-Rate Bond
- 2.15 per cent for the 10-year Fixed-Rate Bond
- Three-year Variable-Rate Bond: 0.65 per cent for the first year
The interest rate on Variable-Rate Bonds is effective from June 21, 2017 to June 20, 2018. The interest rate on Variable-Rate Bonds for the 2015 and 2016 series was also reset today at 0.65 per cent and is effective from June 21, 2017 to June 20, 2018.Offering safe and flexible investments that build Ontario is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.
- OSBs can be purchased through banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires and investment dealers.
- These bonds are attractive investments because buyers don’t have to pay fees to purchase them and the principal and interest are both fully backed by the province.
- Interest rates are based on current economic conditions and market trends.
- Ontario is making the largest infrastructure investment in hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and bridges in the province's history. To learn more about what's happening in your community, visit Ontario.ca/BuildON.
- Visit the OSB website or call 1-888-212-BOND (2663)
“Ontario Savings Bonds provide a unique opportunity for people to support Ontario’s investments in health care, education and transportation. What better way to celebrate Ontario’s 150th anniversary than to contribute to projects in communities across the province.”