Buy Ontario Savings Bonds Until June 21
Interest Rates Announced for 2018
Ontario Savings Bonds are now on sale until June 21, 2018 — a safe, secure and flexible investment.
Available to everyone in Ontario, the bonds can be purchased in amounts from $100 up to $1 million. They offer the flexibility of annual or compound interest, with three-, five-, and 10-year terms, at fixed, step-up or variable rates.
The interest rates for the 2018 series are:
- Five-year Step-Up Bond:
- 1.50 per cent this year
- 1.80 per cent in the second year
- 2.15 per cent in the third year
- 2.30 per cent in the fourth year
- 2.55 per cent in the fifth year
- Fixed-Rate Bonds:
- 2.10 per cent for the three-year Fixed-Rate Bond
- 2.85 per cent for the 10-year Fixed-Rate Bond
- Three-year Variable-Rate Bond: 1.65 per cent for the first year
The interest rate on the new Variable-Rate Bond is effective from June 21, 2018 to June 20, 2019. The interest rate on the 2016 and 2017 Variable-Rate Bonds was also reset today at 1.65 per cent and is effective from June 21, 2018 to June 20, 2019.
- OSBs are attractive to investors because the buyer pays no fees to purchase them and their principal and interest are both fully backed by the province.
- Only Ontario residents can purchase OSBs through banks, trust companies, credit unions, caisses populaires and investment dealers.
- OSB interest rates are based on current economic conditions and market trends.
- Visit the OSB website or call 1-888-212-BOND (2663)