Improving Access to Paediatric Surgeries
The government is investing $5.5 million to further help improve access to care for children by providing more than 2000 additional paediatric surgeries across Ontario in 2007/08, including :
- 130 more General surgeries;
- 520 more Ophthalmology surgeries (eyes);
- 656 more Dental/Oral surgeries;
- 100 more Orthopedic surgeries (bone and joint);
- 753 more Otolaryngology surgeries (ear, nose and throat);
- 72 more Plastic surgeries; and,
- 88 more Urology surgeries.
Today's announcement also includes support for additional Access Improvement Initiatives to develop innovative solutions to improve care for Ontario's children.
Please see the list below for a breakdown of the funding for the 2007/08 fiscal year allocations for extra paediatric surgeries.