Ontario Newsroom

Wait Time Data for Paediatric Surgeries

Archived Backgrounder

Wait Time Data for Paediatric Surgeries

Ministry of Health

This wait times data has been collected through the voluntary submission of five paediatric hospitals in Ontario - The Hospital for Sick Children (Toronto), Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (Ottawa), McMaster Children's Hospital (Hamilton), Children's Hospital of Western Ontario (London) and South Eastern Ontario Health Sciences Centre (Kingston). The data is submitted electronically to the Wait Time Information Office at Cancer Care Ontario, which compiles it for public reporting purposes.

Provincial Paediatric Wait Times Analysis by Subspecialty

Provincial Paediatric Wait Times Analysis by Subspecialty

5 out of 10 Patients Treated Within (Days)

The point at which half the patients have had their treatment, and the other half are still waiting. Unlike the average, the median will not be influenced by one or two very unusual cases (long or short), and is therefore more stable over time.

9 out of 10 Patients Treated Within (Days)

This is the point at which 90% of the patients received their treatment and the other 10% waited longer.

Additional Resources

Share

Tags

Health and Wellness Children and Youth