Celebrating Innovation In Health Care
McGuinty Government Announces Finalists For Annual Awards
Ontario is recognizing innovations in health care with its fifth annual showcase of original initiatives that are delivering better patient care across the province.
Finalists have been determined for the 2010 Innovations in Health Care Awards, which are presented in recognition of outstanding innovation in the following six categories:
- Improving Integration
- Improving Patient/Resident Centredness
- Improving Evidence-based Practice
- Improving Access
- Improving Safety
- Improving Efficiency.
Some of the finalists include initiatives that are improving access to emergency room care, enhancing medication management services for seniors and providing greater safety for home health care.
The winners will be announced on November 10 in Toronto at the Innovations in Health Care Expo, which highlights the innovative projects and solutions that support and shape how Ontario delivers health care. The Expo is presented in conjunction with the Ontario Hospital Association at their annual conference, HealthAchieve.
- Over 100 exhibitors will reflect six themes that are helping to make a difference.
- The first Celebrating Innovations in Health Care Expo was held in 2006.
- The redeveloped Health Care Options web site is giving Ontarians a brand new way to access and learn about the many health care options -- things like family health teams and nurse practitioner-led clinics -- in their communities.
“These awards celebrate innovative health care workers from across the province who are improving the quality of care for patients. The work of these nominees is vital to the success of our government's Excellent Care for All strategy that will ensure all Ontarians have access to the highest quality care, delivered for the best possible value.”