Improving Patient Care At Winchester District Memorial Hospital
McGuinty Government Providing Families Better Access To Care Close To Home
Ontario is expanding services at Winchester District Memorial Hospital to ensure local residents have better access to the quality care they need, close to home.
The hospital's redevelopment project, now complete, built a new wing and renovated an existing wing, including:
- more than 1,000 additional rehabilitation and outpatient visits and a larger endoscopy suite;
- a fourth labour/delivery/recovery room;
- space for a new CT scanner; and
- upgrades to improve patient safety.
- Winchester District Memorial Hospital is a 63-bed community hospital that serves about 90,000 local residents.
- Ontario has invested $45.1 million to date in Winchester District Memorial Hospital for the redevelopment project.
- An expanded emergency department was completed in 2009.
- Ontario is providing Winchester District Memorial Hospital $1.5 million in annual operating funding. To date the government has invested $4.9 million in new operating funding for Winchester's expanded services.
“Our government is committed to smaller community hospitals and to ensuring local residents have reliable services when and where they need them. We redeveloped the Winchester District Memorial Hospital ER because it's an important part of the community. We will continue to expand and invest in Winchester so that patients have access to modern hospital facilities and top quality health care.”
“The new construction and upgrades involved in this redevelopment project will, in numerous ways, benefit all patients of the Winchester District Memorial Hospital. By offering improved services and spaces, our government is providing the dependable care that patients require.”
“We're proud to have worked alongside the ministry to build a hospital that will serve the Winchester region for years to come. Thank you to Minister Matthews for her confidence in the team at WDMH. This infusion of additional funding will help us to ensure that care is provided close to home for the many communities that we serve. This announcement is especially timely as we develop our Centre of Excellence for Rural Health and Education, bringing health and community partners together to provide the very best care.”