Expanding The Georgetown Hospital For Local Families
McGuinty Government Providing Families Better Care Closer To Home
A new project at Halton Healthcare Services' Georgetown Hospital site will give people and families in Georgetown and Halton Hills better access to high quality care, closer to home.
Planning is underway for the Georgetown Hospital to build a new emergency department, add a new specialized space for a CT scanner and upgrade its diagnostic imaging department.
The project also will benefit patients through:
- Adding up to 14,000 sq ft and renovating up to 4,000 sq ft of existing hospital space;
- Significantly expanding the emergency department resulting in more treatment spaces;
- Modernizing and enlarging the diagnostic imaging department which includes radiology and ultrasound; and
- Room enhancements to ensure infection prevention and control, as well as privacy and security for patients, families and staff.
Today's announcement is part of the government's plan to provide more access to health care services while improving quality for patients.
- The Georgetown District Hospital site of Halton Healthcare Services is a 53-bed hospital providing care to approximately 55,000 residents of Georgetown, Acton, Ballinafad, Churchill, Glen Williams, Limehouse, Norval, Stewarttown and Terra Cotta.
- There are approximately 31,000 visits each year to the Georgetown Hospital emergency department and this is expected to grow over the next five years.
- The project will be funded by the Ontario government in partnership with The Georgetown Hospital Foundation and Town of Halton Hills.
- Ontario has committed to three capital projects for Halton Healthcare Services including Georgetown, Milton and the New Oakville Hospital.
“I know how important this expansion is to the people in the Georgetown area and I'm proud to see it move forward. For area residents, these new upgrades will mean faster and better access to high quality health care services much closer to home.”
“Today's announcement means we can move forward to the next phase of planning for this project. The addition of a CT scanner and the expansion and revitalization of the Emergency and Diagnostic Imaging Departments will greatly enhance the care provided at Georgetown Hospital, ensuring that residents of Halton Hills have access to high quality hospital services in their community. We thank the provincial government and the Town of Halton Hills for investing in the health of our community and look forward to the start of construction next spring.”
“This redevelopment is an important step towards modernizing the Georgetown Hospital so that the community has access to the high quality health care it deserves. I know that the people of Halton Hills and the surrounding communities are excited to support this project so that this hospital can provide care to future generations for many years to come.”