Expanding The Milton District Hospital for Local Families
McGuinty Government Providing Families Better Care Closer To Home
A major redevelopment project will give people and families in Milton better access to state-of-the-art health care, closer to home.
Planning is underway for the Milton District Hospital redevelopment which includes new construction to support the needs of a rapidly-growing community. Families will benefit from modernized and expanded services in surgical, critical and emergency care.
This redevelopment will:
- triple the hospital's existing size - providing more room for patients to be served;
- create capacity for up to 70 new beds;
- provide significant expansion for the maternal and child unit; and
- almost double the size of the hospital's current Emergency Department.
Investing in modern and efficient hospitals that support the needs of our aging and diversifying population is part of Building Together, Ontario's long-term infrastructure plan. Ontario will continue to make significant investments in public infrastructure over the next decade to improve the quality of life for families.
- The Milton District Hospital site of Halton Healthcare Services is a 65 bed hospital providing mostly primary care to the 86,000 residents of Milton.
- Ontario has invested in over 100 major hospital capital projects since 2003. This includes the new Oakville hospital.
- The McGuinty government will be investing more than $35 billion in hospitals, public transit, schools, highways and other projects over the next three years as part of the Building Together infrastructure plan.
“I'm proud that this investment will improve access to care for the people of Halton Region. I'd like to thank the staff, volunteers, municipal leadership and friends of Milton District Hospital for their dedication, compassion and professionalism.”
“I know how important this major expansion is to the hospital and to the people of Milton and surrounding communities. It will mean faster and better access to high quality health care services much closer to home.”
“Our Building Together infrastructure plan is our road map to a stronger Ontario. We know that infrastructure, such as major hospital projects, are worth investing in and maintaining for the good of everyone.”
“With a population nearing 100,000 and growing, the staff and physicians at Milton District Hospital are challenged everyday to meet the needs of Milton residents. This much needed expansion will increase the scope of services offered at the hospital and greatly enhance the quality of care we provide. On behalf of the staff, physicians and volunteers at MDH, I extend thanks to the provincial government for making this essential investment in the health of our community.”