Ontario Investing $2.8 Million in Champlain Hospices
Ontario is strengthening access to palliative and end-of-life care by increasing investments by $13.9 million over three years in hospices across the province, including $2.8 million in the Champlain region.
To ensure that the high-quality palliative and end-of-life care provided by hospices remains in the community for future generations, these Champlain hospices will be provided with the following funding increases:
- $135,000 to Hospice Care Ottawa, May Court Site
- $150,000 to Hospice Care Ottawa, West Site
- $179,200 to Roger's House
- $150,000 to Hospice Cornwall
- $90,000 to Hospice Renfrew
- $30,000 to Madawaska Valley Hospice
- $210,000 to Dianne Morrison Hospice
Funding increases are based on an increase of $15,000 per adult bed and $22,400 per pediatric bed, resulting in total funding of $4.2 million for adult beds and $358,400 for pediatric beds each year. There are currently 39 hospice facilities across Ontario benefitting from Ontario's increased investment in hospices.
Ontario is committed to supporting up to 20 new hospices, and these new hospices will be funded at the new increased rate.