Tracking Ontario's Infrastructure Stimulus Projects Online
McGuinty Government Provides Greater Transparency, Accountability
A new website will allow Ontario residents and businesses to track the progress of recently announced infrastructure stimulus projects in their community and across the province.
The new infrastructure website offers greater transparency and accountability to Ontario residents regarding federal-provincial infrastructure stimulus funding by highlighting the provincial contribution towards projects, tracking construction progress and providing regular updates on new investments.
Some features of the website include:
- Maps of the province showing projects by community,
- Job creation and investment in communities,
- Project search tools, including a postal code search,
- A "by the numbers" section that provides details on the government's infrastructure investments by program,
- A 'feature projects' section highlighting projects across the province,
- Links to project news releases, and
- Videos, pictures, and webcams.
The Governments of Canada and Ontario have been investing close to $11 billion in joint funding for more than 2,600 infrastructure projects across the province since February to stimulate the economy and create jobs.
- Ontario's two-year, $32.5-billon investment will create and support an estimated 146,000 jobs in 2009-10 and 168,000 jobs in 2010-11 across Ontario.
“Ontarians now have a powerful on-line tool to help them locate stimulus infrastructure projects across the province and in their neighbourhoods. The site will also help enable greater transparency and accountability in our stewardship of stimulus infrastructure spending.”