Infrastructure Improvements in Store for Asphodel-Norwood
Province Building Stronger Communities, Creating Jobs
Ontario is investing more than $1 million to support improvements to critical infrastructure while creating local construction jobs in Asphodel-Norwood.
The province is supporting this project through the Small, Rural and Northern Municipal Infrastructure Fund, which is providing $100 million to help municipalities across the province build and maintain critical infrastructure.
The project includes replacing a watermain and widening a portion of Oak Street in Asphodel-Norwood to improve the safety and reliability of the municipal water supply.
Investing in modern infrastructure is part of the government's economic plan that is creating jobs for today and tomorrow. This comprehensive plan and its six priorities focus on Ontario's greatest strengths -- its people and strategic partnerships.
- Since 2003, the Ontario government has provided approximately $13 billion to help municipalities repair and upgrade roads, bridges, water, wastewater treatment facilities and other critical community infrastructure.
- Over the next three years, Ontario is investing more than $35 billion in infrastructure across the province, which will support more than 100,000 jobs on average each year.
- See what’s being built in your community at ontario.ca/buildingtoday
- Small, Rural and Northern Municipal Infrastructure Fund
- Building Together, Ontario’s long-term infrastructure plan
“A strong, prosperous rural Ontario requires modern and efficient infrastructure. Through this fund, our government is helping communities renew and replace roads, bridges and other critical infrastructure that will attract investment, create jobs and help drive economic growth.”
“The Ontario government is committed to working with municipalities, especially our rural partners, to help make critical infrastructure investments that will strengthen our communities across the province. Through the Small, Rural and Northern Municipal Infrastructure Fund, we are ensuring that the right investments are made at the right time.”