Infrastructure Improvements In Store for Grey and Bruce Counties
Province Building Stronger Communities, Creating Jobs
Ontario is investing more than $1.5 million to support improvements to critical infrastructure while creating local construction jobs in southwestern Ontario.
The province is supporting these improvements through the Small, Rural and Northern Municipal Infrastructure Fund, which is providing $100 million to help municipalities across the province build and maintain critical infrastructure.
- rehabilitating a local well in Hanover to ensure the safety and reliability of the local water supply
- replacing and upgrading the sanitary sewer services in Owen Sound's north-east quadrant to reduce flooding
- upgrading the Oliphant Water Treatment Plant in South Bruce Peninsula to improve the quality and reliability of the local water supply
- Since 2003, the Ontario government has provided approximately $13 billion to help municipalities repair and upgrade roads, bridges, water, wastewater treatment facilities and other critical community infrastructure.
- Over the next three years, Ontario is investing more than $35 billion in infrastructure across the province, which will support more than 100,000 jobs on average each year.
- See what’s being built in your community at ontario.ca/buildingtoday
- Small, Rural and Northern Municipal Infrastructure Fund
- Building Together, Ontario’s long-term infrastructure plan
“A strong, prosperous rural Ontario requires modern and efficient infrastructure. Through this fund, our government is helping communities renew and replace roads, bridges and other critical infrastructure that will attract investment, create jobs and help drive economic growth.”
“The Ontario government is committed to working with municipalities, especially our rural partners, to help make critical infrastructure investments that will strengthen our communities across the province. Through the Small, Rural and Northern Municipal Infrastructure Fund, we are ensuring that the right investments are made at the right time.”
“Replacing and upgrading the existing road, sidewalk, water and sanitary sewer services on 3rd Avenue East/Grey Road 15 will benefit Owen Sound and neighboring areas, including East Bayshore Road, the Industrial Park, the East City Commercial sector and Sydenham Heights. We thank the province for this important investment.”
“The Town of Hanover greatly appreciates the funding the province provided to rehabilitate Well No. 2. By replacing its screen and inner casing, we will maintain the viability of an important local well that provides approximately 25 per cent of the town's water supply.”
“I would like to thank the Ontario government for supporting the reinstatement of the Oliphant Water Treatment Plant and its continued support for asset management planning. This important type of planning allows us to focus on upgrading critical infrastructure to better service our local residents and businesses.”