Making Summer More Affordable For Ontario Families
McGuinty Government Providing Students With Free Entry To Ontario Attractions
Ontario is providing about 1.5 million elementary school children with free admission to 20 Ontario attractions through Fun Pass 2009.
Offering up to $200 in savings, this pass encourages Ontario families to discover many of the great attractions the province has to offer. From the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto to Science North in Sudbury to the Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls, these attractions help to boost local economies by attracting new visitors to communities across Ontario.
Passes are being distributed through public school boards, private schools and to home-schooled children across the province with their final report cards in June. The pass is valid from June 27 to September 7.
- Fun Pass 2009 provides kids with free admission to 20 Ontario attractions when accompanied by a paying adult.
- 300,000 people in Ontario are directly or indirectly employed by the tourism industry.
- In 2007, tourism receipts totalled more than $22 billion in Ontario.
- Sainte-Marie among the Hurons
- Discovery Harbour
- Ontario Place
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- Ontario Science Centre
- Science North
- Fort William Historical Park
- Royal Botanical Gardens
- McMichael Canadian Art Collection
- Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory
- Old Fort Erie
- Upper Canada Village
- Fort Henry
- Ontario Parks
- Uncle Tom's Cabin
- Fulford Place
- Homewood Museum
- Barnum House
- Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre
- Discover more fun summer activities across Ontario at www.ontariotravel.net.
“The Fun Pass is a great way for Ontarians to enjoy a 'staycation' in the province this summer. A "staycation" can be a budget-wise choice for many families - it supports local economies by keeping travel dollars in Ontario. That is why I am encouraging all Ontarians to visit their own 'backyard' and discover some of the great attractions and experiences our province has to offer.”
“Ontario's cultural attractions provide a wealth of vacation options for families. The Fun Pass helps make travel more affordable and encourages Ontarians to explore all the world class attractions we have right at our doorstep.”