Town Hall Being Held On Future Of Ontario Place
Ontarians are invited to participate in a town hall led by John Tory on the future of Ontario Place.
John Tory, Chair of the Minister's Advisory Panel on Ontario Place Revitalization, will hold the town hall to ask a series of questions on how Ontario Place can become a year-round destination of choice for a diverse array of residents and visitors. These discussions will help the panel develop its report to government on the redevelopment of Ontario Place.
Date: Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre
South Building, Room 801
222 Bremner Blvd.
Ontarians can also participate by:
- Visiting ontario.ca/myontarioplace or by calling 416-212-7192 to submit ideas and suggestions.
- Streaming the town hall live and joining the discussion online.
- Following the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #OPtownhall on the night of the event.
- Ontario Place opened in 1971.
- On February 1, 2012, the government announced the partial closure of Ontario Place to focus on the full revitalization of Ontario Place.
- The following features of the park remain operational: Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, Echo Beach, Atlantis Pavilion, the marina and parking facilities.