Ontario's Live Music Portal
The Ontario government and its live music partners have launched a website to provide consumers and visitors with information on live music events across the province.
The website is an accessible, comprehensive, and reliable source for live music information in Ontario that includes concert listings and venue promotions. As the site evolves, it will:
- Continue to expand its live music concert listings across Ontario.
- Provide artist and venue profiles and touring information.
- Link to Ontario tourism attractions and hospitality establishments to drive local tourism in communities across the province.
Live Music Strategy
The portal is part of Ontario's Live Music Strategy. This strategy, developed in partnership with industry, will promote live music in Ontario to boost concert attendance, visitor spending and economic impact.
Core objectives of the strategy include:
- Developing a coordinated live music marketing and promotions plan.
- Leveraging existing resources and creating opportunities to promote music.
- Positioning Ontario as a premier global destination for live music and music tourism through the province's international marketing initiatives.
The live music scene generates about $455 million in revenues and contributes $252 million to the Canadian economy. Overall, the Canadian live music market has grown at an annual average rate of 6.4 per cent since 2010.
Ontario's live music scene showcases the province's musicians and facilitates the long-term success of the music industry.
As a leader in North America, Ontario is placing itself on the map as a key destination for music tourists and artists. Spending in Ontario by arts and culture tourists totalled $4.1 billion in 2010 -- representing 36 per cent of spending by all overnight tourists in the province that year. 
 Economic Impact Analysis of the Sound Recording Industry in Canada; PricewaterhouseCoopers for Music Canada, 2011.
 Ontario Arts and Culture Tourism Profile; Research Resolutions & Consulting Ltd for the Ontario Arts Council, January, 2013.