Minister, Metrolinx Highlight Eglinton Crosstown LRT Construction
Glen Murray, Minister of Transportation, Laura Albanese, MPP for York South-Weston, and Bruce McCuaig, President and CEO of Metrolinx, will lead a tour of the new Eglinton Crosstown construction site.
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Time: 9 a.m.
Location: Eglinton Crosstown West Launch Shaft
2801 Eglinton Avenue West
Directions: From downtown Toronto:
· Proceed north on Avenue Road to Dupont Street
· Turn left onto Dupont Street
· Proceed west on Dupont Street to where it forks and turn right onto Dundas Street West
· Take the first left turn onto Annette Street
· Proceed west on Annette Street to Keele Street
· Turn right onto Keele Street and proceed north
· Keele Street becomes Weston Road north of St. Clair Avenue
· Continue northwest on Weston Road and turn right at Black Creek Drive
· Proceed north on Black Creek Drive to Eglinton Avenue West
· Turn right onto Eglinton Avenue West, keep right, and enter parking area beside the event site.
Public Transit Directions:
· Take the TTC Subway northbound up the University-Spadina Line
· Exit subway at Eglinton West Station
· Transfer to the TTC West - 32A Eglinton West streetcar and proceed west on Eglinton Avenue West
· Exit streetcar at Municipal Drive (York Civic Centre)
· Cross to the south side of Eglinton Avenue West and enter the construction site.
Note: The event will be held outdoors at a construction site. It is mandatory that all media attending the event wear safety boots or shoes. Please note that the construction site is not fully accessible.
Patrick Searle, Minister's Office, 416-327-1815
Bob Nichols, Communications Branch, 416-327-1158
Disponible en français