Highway and Bridge Improvements Underway in City of Kawartha Lakes
Ontario Government Creating Jobs, Building a Strong Economy
Ontario is making repairs to highways 7 and 35 in the City of Kawartha Lakes to improve travel times, create safer driving conditions and support 70 jobs.
- repairing the Trent Canal on Highway 35
- repairing the Martin Creek culvert and the McLarens Creek culvert on Highway 35
- replacing the Corben Creek culvert on Highway 35
- replacing the Mariposa Creek culvert on Highway 7
- repairing the Mariposa Brook culvert on Highway 7
Construction is underway and is targeted for completion by November 2014.
Improving highways, roads and bridges is part of the Ontario government's plan to invest in infrastructure, one of the three pillars of the government's economic plan for jobs and growth.
- Ontario has 16,900 kilometres of highway and 2,800 bridges.
- Ontario is investing $2.4 billion in construction this year, creating more than 20,000 jobs.
“Our government is committed to maintaining and improving Ontario’s highway infrastructure. These projects will create jobs, strengthen the economy and help keep goods and people moving for years to come.”