Highway Improvements Underway in County of Norfolk
Ontario Government Creating Jobs, Building a Strong Economy
Ontario is making improvements to Highway 3 to improve travel times, create safer driving conditions and support nearly 90 jobs.
Improvements to the highway from Delhi to Simcoe include:
- repaving just over 14 kilometres of road
- repairing two culverts
- replacing sewers and drains
- replacing guide rails
Construction is underway and is targeted for completion in late fall 2013.
Improving highways, roads and bridges is part of the Ontario government's plan to invest in infrastructure, one of the three pillars of the government's economic plan for jobs and growth.
- The contract was awarded to Coco Paving Inc.
- Ontario has 16,900 kilometres of highway and 2,800 bridges.
- Ontario is investing $2.2 billion in construction this year, creating or sustaining more than 20,000 jobs.
“Our government is committed to improving Ontario’s infrastructure across the province. These projects will create jobs, strengthen the economy and help keep goods and people moving for years to come.”