Highway Improvements Underway in Georgian Bluffs and South Bruce Peninsula
Ontario Government Creating Jobs, Building a Strong Economy
Ontario is making improvements to Highway 6 in the Township of Georgian Bluffs and the Town of South Bruce Peninsula to improve travel times, create safer driving conditions and support nearly 100 jobs.
- repaving Highway 6 from north of Highway 21 to Bruce County Road 10
- improving the drainage system along Highway 6
- replacing the Shallow Lake Bridge
- waterproofing and repaving the Stokes River Bridge
Construction is underway and is targeted for completion in summer 2014.
Improving highways, roads and bridges is part of the Ontario government's plan to invest in infrastructure, one of the three pillars of the government's economic plan for jobs and growth.
- The contract was awarded to Harold Sutherland Construction Ltd.
- Ontario has 16,900 kilometres of highway and 2,800 bridges.
- Ontario is investing $2.2 billion in construction this year, creating or sustaining more than 20,000 jobs.
“Our government is committed to improving Ontario’s infrastructure across the province. These projects will create jobs, strengthen the economy and help keep goods and people moving for years to come.”