Upgrades on the Way at Mimico GO Station
Ontario Government Improving Public Transit
Improvements are scheduled to begin soon at Mimico GO Station to make it easier for commuters to take public transit.
Upgrades will include:
- repairing, extending and widening the GO Train platforms to accommodate 12-car trains
- building a new pedestrian tunnel connecting Manchester Street to the platform and parking lot, making it easier for commuters to get to their trains
- constructing a new station building and rehabilitating the existing pedestrian tunnel to make it more accessible
- expanding the parking area and adding a new station access from Newcastle Street
Improvements to Mimico Station will create jobs over the next six years as work takes place.
Building transit helps create jobs now and in the future and helps people move safely and more easily. This is part of the Ontario government's economic plan to invest in people, invest in infrastructure and support a dynamic and innovative business climate.
- With the 15-minute GO Train Service Guarantee, riders may get a credit if their train arrival is delayed 15 minutes or more.
- Improving GO’s infrastructure supports future two-way, all-day GO Train service across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area.
- Since 2003, Ontario has invested approximately $9.1 billion in GO Transit to improve service and expand routes.
“A better GO station in Mimico will help commuters get to where they need to go easily and comfortably. Our unprecedented transit investments are making public transit a better choice for commuters, reducing congestion on our roads and contributing to a better quality of life for Ontario families.”