Ontario Bringing New Two-Way Evening GO Train Service for Brampton, More Service to Kitchener
65 new and extended GO Train trips for customers on the Kitchener line each week
BRAMPTON - Today, Caroline Mulroney, Minister of Transportation, and Kinga Surma, Associate Minister of Transportation (GTA), joined Prabmeet Sarkaria, MPP for Brampton South, Amarjot Sandhu, MPP for Brampton West, and Phil Verster, President and CEO of Metrolinx, to announce the government's plan to continue to improve transportation across the province.
The Ontario government is adding 50 new GO train trips and extending 15 existing GO train trips each week on the Kitchener line. This will bring new weekday evening train service to people in Brampton and more midday, rush-hour and late-night service as far as Kitchener.
"We're getting Ontario moving and delivering on our promise to expand transit in Ontario by offering more service, more trains and more choice for GO customers on the Kitchener line," said Minister Mulroney. "The introduction of hourly two-way evening weekday service between Brampton and Toronto is major step forward in our GO Rail Expansion program that will transform GO into a comprehensive two-way, all-day rapid transit system on core segments of the network."
"We're building a transportation system that puts people first by offering them more connections between major business and employment centres and communities across the GTHA and Kitchener," said Associate Minister Surma. "These new and extended GO Train trips will give customers more choice when planning their commutes."
"Hourly evening service between the City of Brampton and downtown Toronto is great news for families and businesses in Brampton," said MPP Sarkaria. "These new trains will help connect people and businesses so our communities can grow and thrive."
"All of these new and improved trips are giving people more reasons to choose transit first, which is what our GO Rail Expansion program is all about," said Phil Verster. "New evening service means that you can stay late after work to catch a game or a show and know that you have a comfortable, stress-free ride home. And with another evening express trip option, customers from Bramalea to Kitchener will save between 10 to 20 minutes in their commutes."
- Starting September 3, 2019, Metrolinx will add 50 new weekly train trips on the Kitchener line, bringing late-night weekday service as far as Kitchener GO and hourly weekday evening service to the City of Brampton.
- The existing 6:00 p.m. trip on the Kitchener line from Union Station will now run express to Bramalea GO before continuing to Kitchener GO, saving Kitchener-bound customers as much as 20 minutes in their commute. Customers who currently take this train to go to Bloor, Weston, Etobicoke North and Malton GO stations can take a new 5:45 p.m. trip from Union Station that makes all stops to Bramalea GO.
- Metrolinx is extending three existing train trips to serve Kitchener GO: the 12:53 p.m. train from Union Station will now serve all stops to Kitchener GO; the 9 a.m. train from Mount Pleasant GO will now start in Kitchener at 7:57 a.m.; and the 3:52 p.m. train from Mount Pleasant GO will now leave at 4 p.m. and start in Kitchener at 2:57 p.m.
- A new train will leave Union Station at 9:53 p.m. serving all stops to Kitchener GO, arriving at 11:47 p.m. and a new 8:57 p.m. train will leave Kitchener GO, serving all stops to Union Station.
- A new 10:53 p.m. train will leave Union Station and make all stops to Guelph Central GO, arriving at 12:22 a.m.