Ontario Extending Validation Periods for Driver, Vehicle and Carrier Products, Services and Health Cards
We are extending the validity of government driver, vehicle, carrier products and services as well as health cards. This is in an effort to help keep people safe and reduce the need for in-person visits to ServiceOntario, International Registration Plan offices and DriveTest centres to contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Extending drivers' licences expiration dates, temporary drivers' licences (TDL), driving instructor (DI) licence and driving schools, Ontario Photo Card (OPC).
- Extending the Enhanced Driver's Licence (EDL) expiration date for driving purposes only. The expired EDL will not be valid as a travel document.
- Temporary rules governing Conduct Review Program.
- Extending time limits for driver training programs time limitations.
- Extending over 1-year and under 3-year provisions for driver's licences.
- Extending Valtags validation including International Registration Plan (IRP) Valtags.
- Extending 10-day special permits and temporary validation.
- Extending the requirement to register a vehicle (including snow vehicles) within six days.
- Extending the requirement to change address or vehicle modification within six days.
- Extending the Safety Standards Certificate and Structural Inspection Certificate.
- Extending of International Registration Plan (IRP) Cab Cards.
- Extending the Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration (CVOR), annual oversize/overweight permits and semi-annual and annual vehicle inspections.
- Amending the effective date for on-board diagnostic emission test for heavy diesel commercial vehicles from July 1, 2020 to Oct 1, 2020.
- Extending expiration dates for Receipts from online renewals beyond 14 days.
- If you are required to submit a medical or vision report to the Ministry of Transportation, we are extending your due date by 60 days or more.
- Temporarily suspending Ontario's Senior Driver Licence Renewal Program which requires drivers aged 80 and over to attend an in-person session for road safety training and cognitive testing, every two years, to renew their driver's licence.
We know that OHIP health cards may be expiring or have already expired. Expiring and expired health cards will continue to provide you access to the health services you need.
More information about the changes can be found by visiting ServiceOntario.ca.