Owen Sound Revitalizing Its Downtown and Harbourfront
McGuinty Government Helping Boost Local Economy, Create Jobs
Owen Sound is revitalizing its downtown and harbourfront to attract new investment, people and small business to the community.
Through the Rural Economic Development Program, Ontario is helping Owen Sound:
- market its downtown core and harbour lands to investors
- beautify its downtown and harbour area to attract visitors and new residents
- renovate its heritage CP Rail Station located on the waterfront
- install new highway signage and an information kiosk.
- The City of Owen Sound, the Owen Sound Farmer's Market and the Owen Sound Downtown Improvement Area are receiving up to $259,000 for this project through the Rural Economic Development Program.
- Since 2003, Ontario has invested $77.5 million in 240 projects through the Rural Economic Development Program.
“Today, the City of Owen Sound is moving forward with its plan to make its downtown and harbourfront more attractive to both residents and visitors. This project will provide new investment opportunities that will create jobs now and in the future.”
“We are thrilled to welcome the province as a partner in revitalizing Owen Sound's downtown and harbourfront areas. With this support, we move even closer to our goal of beautifying our downtown and attracting new residents, new businesses and new investment to the area. This is great news which will help us showcase the city's assets and strengths.”
Ruth Lovell Stanners