Gananoque Kick-Starts Downtown Revitalization
McGuinty Government Helps Local Economy Grow
Gananoque is revitalizing its downtown core to promote and support economic development and create jobs.
Through the Rural Economic Development Program, Ontario is helping Gananoque to:
- enhance landscaping and signage in the downtown core
- market special events promoting downtown Gananoque
- encourage tourists and residents to stop and shop in the communitya
- attract new businesses
- create opportunities for new jobs.
- The Separated Town of Gananoque and the Gananoque Business Improvement Area are receiving $65,200 through the Rural Economic Development Program.
- Since 2003, Ontario has invested $77.5 million in 240 projects through the Rural Economic Development Program.
“This project will create jobs and help beautify the streetscape in Gananoque's downtown core, bringing new investment and retail opportunities to the town. Renewing interest in the downtown core will increase traffic and customers for the local businesses.”
“We are thrilled to welcome the province as a partner in helping to revitalize Gananoque's historical downtown area. With this support, we move even closer to our goal of attracting and supporting new businesses, by improving and marketing our downtown commercial area.”
James E. Garrah