Meeting Demand For Gluten-Free Flour Alternatives
McGuinty Government Supports Local Food Processor, Local Economy
International Food Products, Inc. will start modernizing operations, increasing productivity and introducing new product lines this summer.
Ontario is helping International Food Products, Inc. to:
- modernize their non-allergen, gluten-free flour milling operations with upgraded equipment to increase efficiencies
- create a second gluten-free processing line for pulse flours
- take on new packaging contracts for other food processors
- reduce production costs and improve productivity
- create two new full-time positions
- increase their need for produce from Ontario farmers and packaging material from Ontario suppliers
- The government is providing $273,658 for this rural economic development initiative.
- International Food Products, Inc. is strategically located in Wallaceburg to serve the US and Canadian markets, specializing in rice flour and gluten-free flour alternatives.
“Supporting small and local food businesses is an important part of the province's new Open Ontario plan to create jobs and opportunities for Ontario families. This project will not only help International Food Products remain strong in today's economy, but will also help them to grow and expand.”
Maria Van Bommel
“Having the provincial support to expand and modernize our milling operations has been essential. The market for gluten-free products is growing every year, and with this support, we'll be ready to meet demand.”
The IFP team