Supporting Businesses In Bruce County
McGuinty Government Strengthening Local Economic Development
Partners in the Town of Saugeen Shores are pulling together to strengthen local business partnerships and help grow the local economy.
Through support from Ontario's Rural Economic Development Program, the Town of Saugeen Shores, along with the local Business Enterprise Centre and Chamber of Commerce, are developing a plan to revitalize the local business community. The plan will focus on strategies to:
- Identify common challenges for local businesses
- Improve communications between local residents and the business community
- Help local businesses become more competitive year round
- Assist local businesses in creating and retaining jobs.
These efforts will help strengthen the existing business community and create a vibrant economic climate to attract new businesses and skilled workers to Saugeen Shores.
Strong local economies are part of the Open Ontario plan to create jobs and opportunities that will grow the province's economy.
- The Ontario government is providing $25,000 to the Town of Saugeen Shores, the Saugeen Shores Business Enterprise Centre and the Saugeen Shores Chamber of Commerce for this project.
- Ontario has invested over $120 million in 311 projects through the Rural Economic Development Program and generated more than $1 billion in new economic activity.
“Strong rural communities are vital to our province's economy. By investing in partnerships in the Town of Saugeen Shores, we're helping support our businesses, strengthen our local economy, keep jobs in rural communities, and create new jobs for a prosperous future for our families.”
“We are excited to work with Ontario on growing and strengthening businesses in Saugeen Shores. This project will help us identify barriers to economic development and put together a comprehensive plan to overcome them.”