Supporting Businesses In St. Marys
McGuinty Government Strengthening Local Economic Development
The Town of St. Marys is working together with local businesses to grow its economy and create jobs.
With support from Ontario's Rural Economic Development Program, the Town of St. Marys and the St. Marys Business Improvement Area are developing a strategic plan that will:
- strengthen relationships between local residents and the business community
- identify and resolve common challenges facing local business
- establish a new Community Development Department
These efforts will help strengthen the existing business community and create a vibrant economic climate to attract new businesses and skilled workers to St. Marys.
Strong local economies are part of the Open Ontario Plan to create jobs and opportunities that will grow Ontario's economy.
- The Town of St. Marys and the St. Marys Business Improvement Area are receiving up to $20,000 for this project.
- Since 2003, Ontario has invested over $120 million in 311 projects through the Rural Economic Development Program and generated more than $1 billion in new economic activity.
“Strong rural communities are vital to our province's economy. By investing in community partnerships, we're helping to support local businesses, strengthen our economy, keep jobs and create new jobs in rural communities, and build a prosperous future for our families.”
“By investing in this strategic partnership, we're supporting a plan that will grow the local economy and attract skilled workers to the area. Together, we are building the foundation for a brighter future here in St. Marys.”
“We are excited to partner with the Province to help grow and strengthen local businesses in St. Marys. This project will help us address and overcome barriers to economic development in the area.”