Celebrating Agri-Food Innovators in Windsor Region
Ontario Government Recognizes Agri-food Innovation Excellence
Ontario is recognizing local agri-food industry innovators whose new ideas and products are creating jobs, growing local economies and bringing more Ontario food to consumers.
These innovators were celebrated today at a ceremony in Windsor, where regional winners of the Premier's Awards for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence were honoured for their contributions to the success of Ontario's agri-food sector. The winners are:
- Pier-C Produce Inc., Chatham-Kent
- Howe Family Farms, Aylmer
- Great Northern Hydroponics, Kingsville
- Leamington Area Drip Irrigation Incorporated, Leamington
- Mastronardi Produce/Sunset, Kingsville
- Savery Canada Inc., Leamington
- Glenwillow Farms, Strathroy
- Heeman Greenhouses, Thorndale
- Henro Dairy Farms Ltd., Kerwood
- The Flower Ranch, Strathroy
Supporting a strong and innovative agri-food industry is part of the government's three-part economic plan to invest in people, invest in infrastructure and help businesses grow and create jobs.
- A total of 50 regional agri-food innovation awards are being announced across the province.
- Since 2007, a total of 325 producers, processors and agri-food organizations have received a Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence.
- Ontario’s agri-food sector contributes approximately $34 billion to the province’s economy and supports more than 740,000 jobs across Ontario.
“Innovative businesses like these show us just how dynamic our agri-food sector is here and across the province. I want to congratulate all the winners on their achievements.”
“I congratulate all of our award recipients across the province whose innovative ideas and products help advance our agri-food industry and build on our strengths to create more good jobs for the people of this province.”