Celebrating Agri-Food Innovators in Richmond Hill
Ontario Government Recognizes Agri-Food Innovation Excellence
Ontario is recognizing local agri-food industry innovators whose new ideas and products are creating jobs, growing local economies and bringing more Ontario food to consumers.
These innovators were celebrated today at a ceremony in Richmond Hill, where recipients of the Premier's Awards for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence were honoured for their contributions to the success of Ontario's agri-food sector. The award recipients are:
- Geissberger Farmhouse Cider Inc., Hampton
- WindReach Farm, Ashburn
- Sheridan Nurseries, Georgetown
- Ontario Water Buffalo Company, Stirling
- EcoSpace Engineering Ltd., Toronto
- Evelyn's Crackers, Toronto
- FoodiePages.ca, Toronto
- Yorkshire Valley Farms Ltd., Etobicoke (City of Toronto)
- Ontario Lamb Company, Newmarket
- Top Tomato Foods Ltd., Markham
Supporting a strong and innovative agri-food industry is part of the government's three-part economic plan to invest in people, invest in infrastructure and help businesses grow and create jobs.
- A total of 50 agri-food innovation awards are being announced across the province.
- Since 2007, a total of 325 producers, processors and agri-food organizations have received a Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence.
- Ontario’s agri-food sector contributes approximately $34 billion to the province’s economy and supports more than 740,000 jobs across Ontario.
“Innovative businesses like these show us just how dynamic our agri-food sector is across the province. I want to congratulate all the winners on their achievements”
“I congratulate all of our award recipients across the province whose innovative ideas and products help advance our agri-food industry and build on our strengths to create more good jobs for the people of this province.”