Recognizing Agri-Food Innovation Excellence in Toronto
Ontario Government Presents Honours to Local Innovators
Ontario is celebrating local innovators who are contributing to the success of the province's agri-food sector.
The regional recipients of the Premier's Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence were celebrated and honoured today at a ceremony in Toronto for their contributions to the creation of new products, adding value to existing products, helping support job creation, and building economic growth in Ontario. The award recipients in Peel Region, Toronto and York Region are:
- Fresh City Farms, Toronto
- Matt and Steve's, Mississauga
- Quality Cheese Inc., Vaughan
- Real Food for Real Kids, Toronto
- Toronto Distillery Co., Toronto
Supporting innovation in the province's agri-food industry is part of the government's economic plan for Ontario. The four part plan is building Ontario up by investing in people's talents and skills, building new public infrastructure like roads and transit, creating a dynamic, supportive environment where business thrives, and building a secure savings plan so everyone can afford to retire.
- A total of 50 regional agri-food innovation awards are being announced across the province.
- Since 2007, a total of 375 producers, processors and agri-food organizations received a Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence.
- Ontario’s agri-food sector supports farmers, communities and the economy - employing more than 760,000 Ontarians and contributing over $34 billion to the province’s economy.
“I am so proud of today’s award recipients. It is through their ideas, creativity, dedication and hard work that we are helping ensure that Ontario remains a world leader in the agri-food sector.”
“I congratulate this year’s winners of the Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence. Their commitment to creative ideas strengthens Ontario’s world-class agri-food sector and positions our province for economic growth.”