McGuinty Government Remains Focused On Jobs And The Economy
Partnership With Cisco Creating 300 Ontario Jobs For Ontario Families
Ontario is partnering with companies like Cisco Canada to attract investment, create jobs and strengthen our economy.
Cisco Canada is one of many businesses that are leading in their field around the world from right here in Ontario. With provincial support, Cisco has expanded its R&D projects to:
- Further advance Internet routing.
- Create next-generation technology for the mobile Internet.
- Develop new technology for the future of broadband Internet.
- Create new ways to share online video.
Partnering with business and fostering innovation are key components of the McGuinty government's plan to strengthen Ontario's economy and to create jobs for families.
- Ontario created more than 121,000 net new full-time jobs in 2011.
- Cisco's expansion is creating 300 new research and development jobs in Toronto and Ottawa while retaining 300 existing jobs.
- Cisco has started the first phase of their recruiting process, 16 engineers have been hired so far.
- Cisco products include computer routers, wireless technology Internet security, communications software and tele-video conferencing.
“Companies like Cisco come to Ontario because we have a workforce that's second to none. Our government will continue to look for ways to work with growing Ontario businesses, and attract more investment by building the best workforce in the world.”
“Ontario provides an excellent environment for technology innovators. When Cisco was considering places to grow our global R&D investment, Ontario had all the attributes we look for -- access to skilled engineering graduates, a stable and predictable economy, and an excellent combination of research tax credits and government investment that supports innovation.”