Joint Statement by Premier Kathleen Wynne and Minister Eric Hoskins on the Province's New Ontario Medical Association Negotiating Team
"We are pleased to announce a new negotiating team to act on behalf of the government in renewed negotiations with the Ontario Medical Association (OMA).
The new team includes:
- Dr. Barry McLellan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, as chair of the negotiating team
- Dr. Joshua Tepper, a family doctor at St. Michael's Hospital and North York General Hospital; President and CEO of Health Quality Ontario
- Lynn Guerriero, Assistant Deputy Minister, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Reg Pearson, Associate Deputy Minister, Treasury Board Secretariat
- Bob Bass, Negotiations Advisor.
We are confident that this group will work collaboratively with the OMA's newly appointed Negotiations Committee. We have asked our team to reach out to the OMA to determine the timing for renewed discussions, with the understanding that the first order of business when discussions resume will be to negotiate a binding interest arbitration process.
As we work to deliver on our mandate in health care to improve access, reduce wait times and improve the overall patient experience, we will only be stronger with a productive relationship with Ontario's physicians."