Seniors 'discover the possibilities'
McGuinty Government Kicks Off Seniors' Month
Seniors can 'Discover the Possibilities' during this year's 24th annual Seniors' Month. The province has designated June as a time to recognize and celebrate the ongoing contributions seniors make to the province, their communities and their families.
This year's theme - 'Discover the Possibilities' - was kicked off in Niagara-on-the-Lake with the launch of the SeniorsInfo.ca website. The website will make it easier for seniors to access local information, programs and services from all levels of government.
- Today, 1.6 million seniors live in Ontario – 13 per cent of the population
- Seniors are the fastest growing segment of the population to use the Internet.
- SeniorsInfo.ca is an innovative website for seniors and their families that provides a single window of information offered by federal, provincial and municipal governments and local community agencies.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake is joining 28 other communities on the SeniorsInfo.ca network.
- For information of interest to Ontario seniors and their families, visit www.seniorsinfo.ca
- To see how the government is helping seniors, visit www.ontarioseniors.ca
- For more information about how the government is helping seniors or about Seniors’ Month, visit www.ontarioseniors.ca or call the Seniors Infoline at 1-888-910-1999 – a toll free information and referral service dedicated to seniors and their families, offering services in approximately 30 languages.
“This year’s theme for Seniors’ Month is ‘Discover the Possibilities’ and what better place for our kick-off event than in a library surfing the net.”
“We are very excited to join the Government of Ontario in its celebration of Seniors Month in Ontario. Through the SeniorsInfo.ca network we continue making it easier for seniors to find the services and programs they need.”