Stronger Communities for Seniors
The Seniors Community Grant Program will provide seniors with the opportunity to connect, contribute, learn and lead active lives.
Funding is dedicated exclusively to help seniors across Ontario and will support projects that encourage greater social involvement, volunteerism and community engagement for seniors across the province. Projects can support seniors at a local community level, a regional level, or have a broader provincial scope.
The program has five key priorities:
- Foster initiatives and ideas that provide opportunities for seniors to network and be part of the social fabric of their communities.
- Encourage and support activities, events and programs that promote learning opportunities and the sharing of information as it relates to seniors' issues.
- Encourage and support activities, events and programs that promote seniors as volunteers.
- Develop plans and programs that can be shared across communities.
- Develop plans and programs that allow organizations to sustain seniors' programs over a longer term.
Applications are now available and will be accepted until June 30, 2014. Grants will be awarded from $500 up to a maximum of $10,000 for projects that end March 31, 2015.
Eligible groups include not-for-profit incorporated organizations, Local Services Boards, municipalities and Aboriginal groups. Small community organizations that represent seniors groups are also eligible to apply for smaller grants between $500 and $3,000. Multiple organizations are encouraged to work together on a project application.
Applications and Guidelines are available at the Older Adult Centres’ Association of Ontario.