Ontario Nominates New Member to 2015 Pan/Parapan Am Games Organizing Committee
Victor J. Garcia Nominated to Join TO2015 Board of Directors
Ontario has nominated Victor J. Garcia to be one of the province's three selections to the Board of Directors of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games Organizing Committee (TO2015).
Mr. Garcia brings a wealth of experience, leadership and vision in business and technology to the TO2015 Board of Directors.
He has been a member of several federal and Ontario trade missions to Latin America and has actively promoted opportunities to strengthen business relations with the Pan American community of nations while managing programs and initiatives between the private sector, universities and governments.
The province would like to thank outgoing Board Member Tony Gagliano for his leadership, service excellence and invaluable contributions to the Board.
Hosting a memorable and successful 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games is part of the government's plan to invest in people, build modern infrastructure and support a dynamic and innovative business climate.
- The TO2015 Board of Directors includes representatives chosen by the Government of Canada (3); the Province of Ontario (3); the Canadian Olympic Committee (4); the City of Toronto (1); and the Canadian Paralympic Committee (1).
- Mr. Garcia is a Fellow at Bell Canada, Business Markets, Ontario. Previously he was the Chief Technology Officer for HP Canada. He is also an Adjunct Professor at York University’s Schulich School of Business and a Director of the Canadian Hispanic Congress.
- Ontario’s two other Board selections are Janice Thompson and David Peterson, who is the Chair of the Board.
- Hosting the 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games will showcase Ontario to an international audience of 250,000 visitors and 10,000 athletes and officials.
- The Games continue to be one of the province’s largest economic drivers and will create 26,000 Games and Games-related jobs and grow Ontario’s GDP by $3.7 billion by 2017.
“We are pleased that Mr. Garcia has been nominated to the TO2015 Board at a time when his international business relationships and expertise can help Ontario realize the full potential of the economic benefits of hosting the Games. I also want to thank Mr. Gagliano for his tireless work as a member of the Board since 2009.”
“Mr. Garcia, with his deep local and international business knowledge and experience is an important new addition to our board. All of us at TO2015 look forward to working with him as we prepare to deliver the best Pan Am and Parapan Am Games ever held.”