Ontario hosting Celebration Zone during 2015 Games
TORONTO 2015 Games to Drive Tourism, Showcase Province
Ontario will highlight its incredible diversity, culture and heritage during the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games through its Celebration Zone, a hub of celebration, showcases and programming at Harbourfront Centre.
The Celebration Zone will be accessible and free for the public. It will showcase Ontario tourism, business, sport, culture, innovation and achievements through experiential programming that includes live entertainment featuring Ontario artists, interactive exhibits, culinary demonstrations and tourism information.
Supporting a memorable and successful 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games is part of the government's economic plan for Ontario. The four-part plan is building Ontario up by investing in people's talents and skills, building new public infrastructure like roads and transit, creating a dynamic, supportive environment where business thrives, and building a secure savings plan so everyone can afford to retire.
- The Celebration Zone will open on July 10, 2015 and welcome visitors throughout the duration of the Games, closing on August 16, 2015.
- The Games will attract as many as a quarter million visitors who will see great shows and attractions, dine in restaurants and shop in local stores.
- The Games are creating 26,000 jobs and will grow Ontario’s real GDP by $3.7 billion from 2009 to 2017.
- Programming will be developed with the province’s regional tourism organizations, other tourism organizations, and a variety of community and cultural groups, such as Aboriginal, LGBTQ, Francophone, Latino-Hispanic, Caribbean, other ethno-cultural communities, persons with disabilities and more.
- The Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (OTMPC), an agency of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, is managing the Celebration Zone, its programming and all procurement.
“We’re incredibly proud and excited to be welcoming athletes and spectators from across the Americas to the 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games next summer. Our Celebration Zone, a key part of these Games, will give families and friends the opportunity to experience Ontario’s creativity, diversity, and spirit of inclusion, all free of charge”
“The Celebration Zone will leverage the opportunity of the 2015 Games to showcase Ontario as a premier tourism destination. Visitors will be able to discover and experience the best of Ontario – great entertainment, interactive exhibits, authentic culinary adventures and more – all on Toronto’s iconic waterfront”