- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade (Citizenship and Immigration), June 2014 – June 2016
- Bachelor of Science, Ryerson University
Personal and Family Life
- Married with two young children
Memberships and Associations
- Former President, Federation of Portuguese Canadian Business and Professionals
- Former Deputy Chair, Greater Toronto Business Association
- Former Director, European Union Chamber of Commerce in Toronto
Cristina Martins was first elected to the Ontario Legislature in 2014 as the MPP for Davenport.
Martins currently serves as Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Economic Development and Growth. She was previously Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade, focusing on citizenship and immigration.
She was born in Portugal and moved with her family to Toronto in 1970. Martins earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Ryerson University. She has a wide breadth of experience, including over more than 15 years in the pharmaceutical industry, and spent several years working abroad before her return to Toronto to raise a family.
Martins is a former President of the Federation of Portuguese Canadian Business and Professionals. She is fluent in Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and French.