- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Transportation, June 2016 – January 2018
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Research, Innovation and Science, February 2017 – January 2018
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Research and Innovation, June 2014 – June 2016
- B.A., History, Wilfrid Laurier University
Personal and Family Life
- Married (John) with three children
Memberships and Associations
- Volunteer, St. John’s Kitchen
Honours and Awards
- 100 Alumni of Achievement, Wilfrid Laurier University
- International Edward R. Murrow Award
- Outstanding Achievement in Journalism
- RTNDA National Award, Best Information Program in Canada
Daiene Vernile was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2014 as the MPP for Kitchener Centre.
Vernile currently serves as Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport. Before that, she was Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Transportation, as well as to the Minister of Research, Innovation and Science. She was previously Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Research and Innovation.
As an anchor/producer on CTV's program ProvinceWide, she covered Kitchener’s economic, health, transit and social issues for nearly 30 years.
Vernile has been an active volunteer and community supporter for many years. She is an
advocate for women’s issues, and has volunteered for 10 years at the St. John’s Kitchen.
Vernile is among 100 Alumni of Achievement from Wilfrid Laurier University honoured for inspiring lives of leadership and purpose. She and her husband, John, have three children.