- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities & Research and Innovation, June 2014 – June 2016
- Economics and Political Science, University of Toronto
Personal and Family Life
- Wife (Sophie) with children
Memberships and Associations
- Advisor, Canada Shanghai Business Association
- Volunteer, Philippine Independence Day Council
- Volunteer, Toronto International Dragon Boat Race Festival
- Volunteer, seniors’ resource centres in Trinity-Spadina
Han Dong was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2014 as the MPP for Trinity-Spadina.
Dong currently serves as Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Development, as well as to the Minister Responsible for the Poverty Reduction Strategy. He was previously Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Prior to his election, he worked as an advisor at Queen’s Park for eight years, most recently for Michael Coteau, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. Prior to that, Dong worked as Marketing Director for Chianti Foods, where he oversaw the development of the company’s overseas operations.
Dong moved to Toronto from mainland China with his family when he was 13 years old. He studied Economics and Political Science at the University of Toronto. He is an experienced community organizer who has lived in Trinity-Spadina for more than 13 years. He has served as a key advisor to the Canada Shanghai Business Association, and he has volunteered for organizations such as the Philippine Independence Day Council, Toronto International Dragon Boat Race Festival and several seniors resource centres in downtown Toronto.