- Chair of the Management Board of Cabinet, February 2013 – May 2013
- Minister of Government Services, June 2009 – May 2013
- Minister of Small Business and Consumer Services, July 2008 – June 2009
- Minister of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, May 2006 – July 2008
- Minister of Transportation, October 2003 – May 2006
- Certified Management Accountant
Personal and Family Life
- Married (Balwinder) with two daughters
Memberships and Associations
- Chair and Treasurer, Board of Governors, Credit Valley Hospital
- Associate Director and Chief Financial Officer, Peel District School Board
- Chair, United Way of Peel Region
- Founding Member and President, International Punjabi Chamber of Commerce
Harinder Takhar was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2003 as the MPP for Mississauga Centre. He was elected as the MPP for Mississauga-Erindale in 2007, and re-elected in 2011 and 2014.
Takhar has served in several senior ministerial roles, where he has championed small business, consumer protection and fiscal accountability. He has served as Minister of Government Services, Minister of Transportation, and as Ontario’s first Minister of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, and Minister of Small Business and Consumer Services.
Prior to his political career, Takhar was President and CEO of Chalmers Group. He is a Certified Management Accountant and FCMA. He has served as Chair and Treasurer of the Board of Governors of the Credit Valley Hospital, as well as Associate Director and Chief Financial Officer of the Peel District School Board. As Chair of the United Way of Peel Region, Takhar led a fundraising campaign that eliminated the organization’s debt. He was also a Founding Member and President of the International Punjabi Chamber of Commerce.
Takhar and his wife, Balwinder, have two daughters.