- Minister of Rural Affairs, February 2013 – May 2014
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Aboriginal Affairs, October 2007 – February 2010
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of the Environment, September 2006 – September 2007
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Energy, November 2005 – September 2006
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Economic Development and Trade, June 2005 – November 2005
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities, September 2004 – June 2005
- Second Deputy Mayor, Peterborough
- City Councillor, Peterborough
- B.A. (Honours), Economics and Political Science, Trent University
- Business Administration degree (Honours), University of Windsor
Personal and Family Life
- Married (Karan) with two children, Braden and Shanae
A lifelong Peterborough resident, Jeff Leal was first elected to the Ontario Legislature as the MPP for Peterborough in 2003. He was appointed Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs in June 2014.
Jeff has served previously as the Minister of Rural Affairs, Chief Government Whip and as Parliamentary Assistant to the Ministers of Aboriginal Affairs, the Environment, Energy, Economic Development and Trade and Training, Colleges and Universities.
Prior to his election as MPP, Jeff was a Peterborough city councillor for Otonabee Ward from 1985 to 2003, working extensively with the county and local governments.
Jeff and his wife Karan live in Peterborough with their two children, Braden and Shanae.