- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Natural Resources, September 2013 – May 2014
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Northern Development and Mines, September 2013 – May 2014
Personal and Family Life
- Married (Linda) with three children, Kïrsten, John Jr. and James
Memberships and Associations
- Led the “Our Children, Our Hospital” campaign to save the Cardiac Care Unit at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Volunteer, Heron Road Emergency Food Bank
- Palliative Care Volunteer, General Campus, Ottawa Hospital
- Coach, Canterbury Mustangs Football Team
John Fraser was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2013 as the MPP for Ottawa South. He was re-elected in 2014.
Fraser currently serves as Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, focusing on health.
Fraser spent 18 years managing small- and medium-sized local businesses before entering public service. He worked for 14 years in Dalton McGuinty’s constituency office in Ottawa South before being elected as the riding’s MPP when McGuinty retired.
Fraser is a life-long resident of Ottawa. He was born and raised in Elmvale Acres and Alta Vista, and has been an active volunteer in a number of local organizations and initiatives. He spearheaded the “Our Children, Our Hospital” campaign to save the Cardiac Care Unit at CHEO (the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario) and organized a fundraiser for the Heron Road Emergency Food Bank.
He is married with three children, Kïrsten, John Jr. and James.