- Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry, June 2016 – January 2018
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Transportation, June 2014 – June 2016
Personal and Family Life
- Married with four children
Memberships and Associations
- Heritage Master Plan Steering Committee
- Founding Member, Hospice of Waterloo Region
- Waterloo Region Crime Prevention Council
- Community Leaders Task Force on Municipal Restructuring
- Past President, Heritage Cambridge
Honours and Awards
- Bernice Adams Memorial Award for community service
- YWCA Woman of Distinction Award
Kathryn McGarry was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2014 as the MPP for Cambridge.
She currently serves as Minister of Transportation. She was previously Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry, and before that Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Transportation.
She has been a care coordinator in the community and a nurse for 30 years. McGarry is very active in her community, particularly as an advocate for health care and cultural heritage. She is a founding member of the Hospice of Waterloo Region, and a past president of Heritage Cambridge.
She received the YWCA Woman of Distinction Award in 2009, and a Bernice Adams Memorial Award in 2011 for her community service.