- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Finance, June 2014 – June 2016
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, March 2014 – June 2014
- Deputy Government Whip, July 2013 – May 2014
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier, April 2013 – June 2014
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Culture, Tourism and Sport, February 2013 – June 2013
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Labour, November 2011 – February 2013
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Tourism and Culture, January 2010 – November 2011
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Culture, October 2007 – January 2010
Personal and Family Life
- Married (Germinio) with two children, Alexander and Charissa
Laura Albanese was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2007 as the MPP for York South—Weston. She was re-elected in 2011 and 2014.
Albanese currently serves as Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. She has served as Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Finance and to the Premier, as well as to the ministers of Municipal Affairs and Housing; Culture, Tourism and Sport; and Labour. She has also served as Vice-Chair of the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs, and as a member of the Cabinet Committee on Emergency Management and the Standing Committees on Government Agencies, Public Accounts and Legislative Assembly.
Prior to becoming an MPP, Albanese enjoyed a career spanning more than two decades in broadcast journalism. She was best known as co-anchor of OMNI News: Italian Edition, a one-hour daily Italian-language newscast. She was also Associate Producer of Italian-language programming on OMNI TV.
Albanese was born in Taranto, Italy, and permanently moved to Canada in 1981. She has lived in the York South—Weston community ever since. She is married and has two adult children, Alexander and Charissa.