- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Finance, June 2014 – June 2016
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, March 2014 – June 2014
- Deputy Government Whip, July 2013 – May 2014
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier, April 2013 – June 2014
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Culture, Tourism and Sport, February 2013 – June 2013
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Labour, November 2011 – February 2013
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Tourism and Culture, January 2010 – November 2011
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Culture, October 2007 – January 2010
Personal and Family Life
- Married (Germinio) with two children, Alexander and Charissa
Laura Albanese was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 2007 as the MPP for York South—Weston. She was re-elected in 2011 and 2014.
Albanese currently serves as Minister of Citizenship and Immigration and Deputy Government House Leader. She also sits on the Treasury Board/Management Board of Cabinet and the Legislation & Regulations Committee of Cabinet.
She has served as Parliamentary Assistant to the Premier and to the Minister of Finance, as well as to the ministers of Municipal Affairs and Housing; Labour; and Tourism, Culture and Sport.
During her time as an MPP Albanese served on several Standing Committees of the Legislature including Finance and Economic Affairs, Justice Policy and Government Agencies, Public Accounts and Legislative Assembly, as well as being Chair of the Select Committee on Developmental Services.
Prior to becoming an MPP, Albanese enjoyed a career spanning more than two decades in broadcast journalism. She was best known as co-anchor of OMNI News: Italian Edition, and was also Associate Producer of Italian-language programming on OMNI TV.
Albanese was born in Taranto, Italy, and permanently moved to Canada in 1981. She has lived in the York South-Weston community of Toronto ever since. She is married, has two children and two grandchildren.