- Minister of Northern Development and Mines, February 2013 – May 2014
- Minister of Natural Resources, October 2011 - February 2013
- Minister of Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry, June 2009 – October 2011
- Minister of Northern Development and Mines, October 2007 – June 2009
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Labour, October 2003 – February 2004
- MPP, Port Arthur, June 1995 – May 1999
- Port Arthur Collegiate
- Lakehead University
Personal and Family Life
- Devoted family member and caregiver to his younger brother and elderly mother
Memberships & Associations
- Co-founder, North of Superior Film Association
- Board Member, Magnus Theatre Company
- Board Member, AIDS Committee of Thunder Bay
Honours & Awards
- Rotary Citizenship Award, 1967
- Paul Harris Fellow, Rotary International, 2006
- Alzheimer’s Association, past Honorary Chair
- Port Arthur Rotary Club, Honorary Member
- Polish Combatants Legion, Branch 219, Honorary Life Member
Michael Gravelle represents the riding of Thunder Bay – Superior North. He was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 1995 representing the riding of Port Arthur and is currently serving his sixth consecutive term as M.P.P.
Gravelle was reappointed Minister of Northern Development and Mines in June 2014. He has served as the Minister of Natural Resources, Minister of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry, Government Caucus Chair and as a member of the Priorities and Planning Board.
Gravelle has long been a dedicated community member, with an accomplished political and public service record. He is co-founder of the North of Superior Film Association and has served on the boards of the Magnus Theatre Company and the AIDS Committee of Thunder Bay. In the 1970s, Gravelle served as special assistant to the Honourable Robert Andras, a senior minister in the Trudeau cabinet. He later served as communications officer for the leader of the Ontario Liberal Party and as a special assistant to the federal member for Thunder Bay-Nipigon. He also worked as a publicist for the CBC and as coordinator of Northern Development Councils for the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry.